Sunday, November 25, 2012

I've got a DATE!!!!!!!

Hard to believe, I know, but I've got myself a date! It sure has been a while since I could say that. I am glad I have a date, but I have a guess this may be one of the more miserable dates I have in my life and I've had some pretty bad ones ;-) I know its going to be bad because I won't even get to eat...that's going to be rough! If this was a normal person's blog this would be an awesome post about having a date with a hottie. In case you didn't know, I'm not normal and this is going to be an awesome post about having an OR date to get my piggy parts!

My big date is December 7th! Doctor Alberto Pochettino will be replacing my Mitral valve with Wilbur's. I'm still not sure if Wilbur has been clued in to any of this, poor pig. Things are seeming a bit more real now that surgery is scheduled, but at the same time the fact I'm having my chest cracked open in 12 days hasn't fully hit me yet. I know it is going to be difficult, but I don't think I can fully comprehend what it will be like until I'm going through it. Hopefully as I am going through it I can get some good documentation of it, if people have the guts to take pictures of me after surgery. 

In other news I had an 'udderly' fantastic week. Last Friday my aunt Laurie and sister Allie came to town. This was planned before this whole heart problem ordeal, but I do have to say the timing worked out oh so perfectly. My awesome aunt brought some beautiful one piece 'cow suits' for Allie, Ashley, Elaine, and me. I do have to say, they are quite attractive and comfy! My mom and aunt fixed us an early Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday that was absolutely delicious, even in its low sodium version. My little sis did sneak me one shake of salt which was heavenly!


On Monday I said goodbye to my mom and aunt which was hard, but Elaine came to visit and my sister was able to stay so that made things much better! We got pedicures, watched movies, toured Mayo, went to the roof of the Plummer building to hear a carillon performance, and sported our sweet cow suits nightly!  It was so wonderful having my family and best friend here! So far, everything I have gone through has been more than worth it because of the people that I have been able to see because of it. Honestly though, it doesn't feel like I've really gone through anything...I'm sure the best is yet to come.
Two of the happiest people I know on the roof of the Plummer
Rocky and Me!


Puzzle time...Ashely started it, Allie and Elaine finished it....I watched :)



I've sent everyone back to Utah now. I'm sad they are gone, but I am very excited that I will be heading there myself in a few weeks! What I'll go through in the meantime is more than worth the extended Christmas vacation I will get out of it!  
Skip trying not to get squeamish while drugging her favorite sis.
















Me and Mr. Rogers, a cuddly bear from Becca and Elaine! Thanks guys!
  Why iron your clothes before you get dressed when you can do it after?


1 comment:

  1. Are you ready for your date!?!?! It's coming up! You better wear something cute... like a hospital gown ;)

    ReplyDelete